Monday, January 30, 2012

I plan on getting a job during the summer?

I have a couple places by my home. Gamestop, CVS, Walgreens, Kroger, Little Ceasers, Subway, Gas Station, and a Burger King. I know the economy isnt good great and all, but when its next summer i'll be 16. If i'm luck enough to get a job, theres a few things i'd like to know.



How many hours can I work?

What's minimum wage?

After taxes, about how much could I expect to receive a week, at minimum wage?

Anything else I should know?I plan on getting a job during the summer?
You're lucky that there's a whole bunch of places to work at near your house. Your availability will depend on when you'll work. You could work part time during the summer. Minimum wage varies by Province if you're from Canada or if you're from the US, Counties.



You need to prepare a resume and I recommend doing a cover letter for that certain job that you're applying to. The resume is mandatory. Nobody will hire you without a resume unless they say they're hiring on the spot. When you go to the interview, come EARLY. Big impressions are key!



Wear fancier clothes than the ones they make you wear at the store but not too fancy.

EX: Applying at a supermarket, wear casual clothes to the interview, not formal. Also the handshake is a big factor when it comes to the employer's decision on weather to hire you or not. If your hands get wet from being nervous, wipe it on your pants before you give a firm, but not hard, handshake. The handshake will tell the employer if you are confident or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment