Sunday, February 26, 2012

I need help!!!! PLEASE i dont want to get rid of my dogggys!?

I have 4 little dogs A Bichon Shizu, a mutt, a Yorkie, and a chihuhu,





Cleo-the mutt- HAs a very bad temper with my oldest dog Ceaser-the BS- and they fight almost all the time cleo always starts it and Ceaser just yelps and runs.



Sarge-the yorkie- after we grab cleo when there fighting sarges turns around and gos after ceaser

everytime!



Dexter-the Chiuhuhua just runs under my chair and barks and ideas why its happening and how i can fix itI need help!!!! PLEASE i dont want to get rid of my dogggys!?
If Cleo always starts it, do you have any idea what triggers her? There is almost always a common trigger. It could be possessiveness (over food, toys, people), territoriality, hypersensitivity to loud noises, etc. It could be a dominance issue and one dog is trying to establish himself as the alpha, or it could be that they just don't like each other. Some dogs just don't get along (not unlike some people).



If you don't know the triggers, begin to watch for them. Take note of what happens just before each fight erupts.



Do not leave them unsupervised ever. I hate to sound very negative, but sometimes, these things can escalate into some pretty severe fights especially when other dogs jump in. When I say severe, I mean significant injury and even death. Diligently monitor them when they are together.



The best thing you can do for all of them is to establish yourself as the pack leader. Be consistent and firm in your expectations. If you have not done any obedience training with them, you really must start that. Obedience training is the best way to maintain control of your pets, and establish yourself as the leader. If you have not established yourself as the pack leader, then Cleo, may feel the need to take on that responsibility and this is how she/he has determined to do it. Dogs are pack animals and must have a pack order. If the humans don't provide it, then they will somehow, some way.



Obedience training, supervision, and keeping them separated when you are not able to supervise them are you only options at this point. Unless, you want to try to rehome one or two of them. I know noone wants to give up there dog, but sometimes it has to be considered for the safety and well-being of all humans and dogs.



Also, keeping them exercised should help a good bit. If they are exercised, then they will have less energy to exert fighting



Good luck!I need help!!!! PLEASE i dont want to get rid of my dogggys!?
Your dogs need more exercise, rules, boundaries and limitations. You are clearly not the alpha in the house. You need to correct the dog that is starting the trouble. When it goes after the other dog remove it from the room. After a couple of minutes bring it back. Repeat this every time until it understands it can not be with you unless it leaves the other dog alone. When you walk them make them all sit and wait while you go out the door first then invite them to come out. Same thing when you return from the walk. Make them wait for you to go in and then invite them back into the house. Do not feed them until they back away and sit quietly. Do not let them on the furniture unless you invite them.I need help!!!! PLEASE i dont want to get rid of my dogggys!?
I have a few dogs that don't get along with others.



I simply crate them when I am out of the house, and when I am home I let them out in the bunches that get along.



Simple.I need help!!!! PLEASE i dont want to get rid of my dogggys!?
Put them in separate rooms
i have the same problem when you live in a house as i do with four dogs they are bound to fight my staff drags my yorkie by throat and she bites his legs most of the time its harmless are all the dogs castrated if not this is the first job to do they are basicly fighting over who is the boss leave them for as long as you can then i would get a jar fill it with coins and every time it gets nasty shake the jar it does work also when you go out i usually seperated one dog from the other 3 as he will get picked on this gives the other dogs time out and also make sure they are walked every day as with mine if their not walked im in for a real bad night of fighting and the main dog that starts it mines the yorkie when she gets to nasty and barks i put her in another room for about 30 mins till she calms down

No comments:

Post a Comment