Sunday, February 26, 2012

My dog will not learn ! is he untrainable?

i am trying to crate train my dog but every time I put him in the crate he bites the metal door and pulls it with his teeth. he barks barks barks barks barks barks barks! for several hour non stop, its like he never gets tired of barking until i let him out then suddenly its quite again in an instant. So things I have tried are squrting him with a water bottle when he barks and telling him to hush, this doesnt work he just trys to biite the water and keeps barking (This was something I read to do in a dog training dog) then I tried taping the top of the crate and in a firm voice saying Hush now! Nothing. Then i tried kicking him a little on his side in the ribs like i seen Ceaser Millian do on one of his episodes of the dog whisperer on Animal planet . This didnt work so I held him down on his side ,inside of the crate and showed him how was boss like Ceaser said to do but he kept struggling and growling so I let him go and close the cage quickly, now im scared to let him out because he keeps lunging at me snarling,growling and snaping at me when I walk pass the crate. I dont know what to do . what should I do ? any advice? I am really upset with the training methods of ceaser the dog whisperer just seem to make him worst. Now I can get him out the cage he's starting to act like he has rabbies are something. wow. Im stumped!My dog will not learn ! is he untrainable?
I had a similar problem with one of my dogs. He would whine when we was in his cage. So what we did was move the cage to a quiet area (the laundry room for us), placed a blanket over the cage, turned the lights off, and closed the door. This worked great to calm him down.

It wasn't that he didn't like his cage (he will go in there to rest if you leave the door open), he just didn't like being away from everyone. Some dogs just want attention even if it's negative. So if you ignore him long enough they usually get the hint.

Keep in mind that all dogs a different so you might have to resort to hiring a local trainer to help you out. All dogs are trainable. You just have to figure out what makes your dog tick.My dog will not learn ! is he untrainable?
you need to hire an animal behaviorist now, because you not only have the issues that were already there you now have new ones for cesar training methods (that is why there is a disclaimer on his show).

Is he getting enough exercise and stimulation to begin with?My dog will not learn ! is he untrainable?
You just completely messed this dog up. You kick him??????????? And think this is training???? Let the dog out of the crate and have a real trainer show you how to crate train a dog, instead of brutalizing the poor thing. I really hope you are a Troll.My dog will not learn ! is he untrainable?
jiggle ur dogs eggroll a little that will turn him on ohhh yeahhhh ahhhhhhhhh
You already messed up by kicking and trying to dominate him into his cage. You just associated the crate as having something bad happen to him when it should have been a positive experience. It should have been placed in a quiet place to begin with, where there is no traffic in the house. How would you like to be caged in and have people walking about having fun? Crate is great for when you are out and even at night when you go to bed, but shouldn't be used to keep the dog in all day. Like another post said you ignore the barking, any attention to him is attention even if it's you yelling at him to shut up. If you didn't give him the attention in the beginning he would have quickly figured out barking is getting him no where.

No comments:

Post a Comment