Sunday, February 26, 2012

My 7 mth old dog is constipated, what to do?

My 7 months old Shitzu is becoming REALLY constipated. He tries VERY hard to go, but CANT ! And he makes a weird sound when trying. I feed him Ceaser, which is a soft canned food, and i feed him dry food, for little dogs. A couple weekends ago, my grandparents were feeding him alot of human food. which i know is NOT AT ALL good for the dogs system. So when i got back home, i was only feeding him dog food. Trying to flush the human food out of him. I NEED help softening up his bowels, with things around my house. Or if i need to buy a medication from some kind of pet store, what are a few names? If anyone has tips, i would greatly appriciate it . thanks =)My 7 mth old dog is constipated, what to do?
You can also try a tablespoon full of canned pumpkin, plain, no spices. But if he's still constipated tomorrow, he needs to vet to find out why. He could have an obstruction.



And by the way, human food isn't bad for a dog's system if its the right kind of food. What in the world do you think dogs ate before commercial dog food? And it sure wouldn't constipate him if your grandparents gave him anything not good for him - he'd have diarrhea.My 7 mth old dog is constipated, what to do?
This is going to get a lot of thumbs down (esp. from me), but I've heard it recommended by someone famous - give the dog a baby-size glycerine suppository or a Pedialax syringe. In that small dose it's no riskier than it would be for a human, and just as effective.

Quick relief for a shihtzu who can't do a s hi t [sorry, couldn't resist!].My 7 mth old dog is constipated, what to do?
Mineral oil

No comments:

Post a Comment