Thursday, February 23, 2012

Work out/ eating right....?

i am on a diet, and i wasa doing good, i ate a salad, for either lunch or dinner, i exercised every day, i ran 2 miles, and then i stoped runnig, and i started doing crunches, love handle exercises, and things like that, but i missed a couple days and i was going to try to get back on track w/ it. i just need a little boost. like what types of exercises should i do, for mainly my stomach/love handles/back, and butt. and then i need some for my upper arms, the back of them. and an additional exercise for my inner thighs. and eating, like what types of foods should i eat, b/c i wasnt eating 3-5 sm meals every day, i only ate once or twice and one of those meals were a ceaser salad frm mcdonalds. but i did eatvthat every day for about a week. but frm the time i started running to now i have lost about an inch off my waiste. i want to continue seeing results and i want to lose about 9-13lb's. thanks! one more question, what time of day should i exercise? morn, night? mid day? thank you!Work out/ eating right....?
The body's funny about fat storage... There's some fairly good science around metabolizing stored fat, and everything I've learned indicates that slow and steady workouts (along with a few minutes of appropriate warmup and cooldown) are the best way to cut fat. The body is novel in this way, because it has different operating modes for different kinds of activity. It stores up a little bit of sugar for short burst activity like if you jumped up from the sofa and ran to the curb. Fat can't be converted that fast, so it takes a different kind of workout to get to it. The theory is that you need to match your exercise level to a 'target heart rate' which is easy enough to measure. It varies a little with age, but it's around 120-150bpm for most people. What you may find frustrating is that this isn't a very 'vigorous' workout if you're used to running. A brisk walk (around 3.5-4mph for me) will usually do it. It's slow enough to let the body access your fat stores and break them down for energy instead of accessing other things in the body that break down faster. The downside is that a fat-burning workout is going to take longer than your 2-mile run. Most people can cover 2 miles in just a few minutes. A good fat-burning workout should take a little more time, and at least 3-5 minutes on either end to warm up adn cool down. The warm up is extremely important, because it sets the stage for the ease into the fat-burning mode. If you go right to full speed, the body will panic for energy and not do the fat-burning that you're after. Overall, any exercise you do will be good. Any calories you burn doing exercise are to your benefit. To avoid working out just because you can't spend 45 mintues to an hour would obviously be a mistake. So if you only have time for a quick jog, do what you have time for. But when you can cut out the time for a longer, moderately paced workout where you can monitor and adjust your heart rate accordingly, you'll likely have more success shedding stored fat. One other tip is to be realistic with your goals. Losing 1 pound (3000 calories spent or not eaten!) a week is a reasonable goal in my view. Some say you can stretch it to two pounds, but it could mean being a little hungry unless you eat all protein... A deficit of 500 calories (between diet and workout) a day is within the reach of most people and is something they can stick to. Anything more takes either a lot of time, or a lot of will power. As for the specific exercises, check out bodybuilding.com for workout tips. Good luck!Work out/ eating right....?
try pilates...Work out/ eating right....?
I've started swimming lately and it works wonders on my body. Not only it works out my heart and lungs, it also works out practically every single muscle of the body.

I may be imagining, but it seems that my body fat is a lot less than it used to be, and what is left of it is redistributes so it doesn't look so chunky.

I look goooooooooood. LOL! but really, I think you should swim. do that in the late afternoon.

If you have time in the morning, start off your day with running. it's a great boost for your metabolism. I also started eating more salads, and I stay away from premade salad dressings. There are tons of junk in the. I only put raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar, which is known for its weight control properties.

Stay away from ceaser salad from mcD.

good luckWork out/ eating right....?
Why not balance your exercising? You could do 3 days of running and 3 days of crunches, weight lifting, etc. That way you won't get too bored with things--it kind of mixes it up a bit. Work out at whatever time is best for you--at whatever time you can get yourself to go! I used to get up early to exercise but then I started getting lazier and lazier and could not make myself get up that early which really hurt my exercise routine. Now I try to go in the late afternoon because that's when I can fit it into my day and I'm not as tired as I would be if I waited till the evening. And for food, I would recommend not eating salads from McDonalds. You can make salads at home that are much cheaper and healthier (caeser salad dressing is very unhealthy). Make sure to drink plenty of water and eat lots of natural, unprocessed foods (and drinks). Try to eat a balance of foods from all the food groups so your body can function at its best. Good luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment