Thursday, February 23, 2012

Is this a healthy lunch...i had a wendy's half size chicken ceaser salad...?

and instead of addinbg their dressing...i made my own with oil, vinegar and a little bit of mustard?

does anyone know how many calories the half sized salad is (without the dressing)?Is this a healthy lunch...i had a wendy's half size chicken ceaser salad...?
I'd say that's healthy yes. just make your you're getting enough calories through out the day.

i'm not sure about the cal. but i'd say around 230 to 300 cal. maybe not that many without any dressing or fat free dressing.Is this a healthy lunch...i had a wendy's half size chicken ceaser salad...?
I would assume you’re a woman, if you can get by with half a salad.



I would say 175 calories if it’s half size (which would be a normal size for me), on the top of my head, as a regular salad with chicken would be like 350 calories before you add the dressing.

I don’t know much about calorie content in fast food items, especially at Wendy’s because I do not go there. I went there once, out of curiosity, I was alone and just wanted to sample something “to go” and really felt unwelcomed because I was not a family eating there and foraging the salad items.

Whatever they gave me, it was not impressive enough for me to want to come back and erase the bad memory of the “what are you doing here, we don’t like one person who wants “food to go”?” feeling.



Now hopefully, for the dressing, you’re using extra virgin olive oil (extra light olive oil is for cooking, same calories but can withstand heat but has less flavor) and a mild vinegar, like a good red wine vinegar or a balsamic one (not a harsh acidic one like apple cider vinegar). If you add mustard to your vinaigrette (I love Inglehoffer Stone Ground for texture), make sure you either reduce the vinegar or add more oil, one part of vinegar/mustard to 3 parts of extra virgin olive oil.



Men need two tablespoons of olive oil every day (240 calories), while women need only one tbsp (120 calories).

So your salad could be 415 calories to 295 calories.



But then men would not have enough food for a half size salad (the women’s size), so he could need a 350 calories salad + 240 calories dressing = 590 calories, which is consistent with the size of a man’s light lunch.



I don’t understand how you could make your own vinaigrette but still has to go to a fast food joint for greens and meat. Tasteless mass produced greens used by fast food joints and chicken meat that you don’t even want to know where it’s coming from (battery cages of stressed out tortured animals). Even if you have no access to a fridge (for your chicken) you can get containers (to which you add ice) that can keep your meat (free range, organically fed chicken) cool until lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment